Guides & Forms
- How to Apply
- Community Grants Application Process
- Grant Form Templates - including acquittal, statement and outcome report forms
- Alternate Funding Options
- Townsville City Council Grants Acknowledgement
- Contact Us
How to Apply
Application forms for each grant program can be found by clicking on the links Guidelines and Application forms via the tabs at the left of the webpage under each program category:
With the exception of grant applications to the Mayor's Community Assistance Fund, all grant applications are now online. If you require assistance to apply online, please contact a Community Grants Officer on 1300 878 001.
Some points to note when applying for a council grant:
- All applications for financial assistance must be submitted online using the current application form.
- Applications must be submitted by the funding round closing date and time.
- Applicants may apply for funding under more than one program. Applicants can receive one grant for each program each financial year.
- While individual grant programs may also have specific requirements, applications by organisations should include the following supporting documentation:
- a certificate of incorporation or alternative documentation to confirm that you are a not-for-profit, properly constituted incorporated body (or that of the auspicing organisation).
- a copy of the financial statements presented at your last Annual General Meeting or equivalent meeting.
- details of the applicant’s public liability insurance policy.
- details of the applicant’s Australian Business Number (ABN) and Goods and Service Tax (GST) registration status. .
Community Grants Application Process
- Applying for a Community Grant and Acknowledgement of application
- Once an application is complete and received by council, you will receive confirmation of receipt of your application, letting you know that your application is being assessed. This notification will be sent by email.
- Within ten weeks your application will be assessed and deemed either successful or unsuccessful.
- Within two weeks of the final assessment being made, you will receive a notification advising whether your application is successful or considered ineligible for funding. If you are successful, you will be required to fill in and return to council a number of documents in order to be paid.
- Payment forms
- Payment forms for successful applicants will be detailed in your outcome notification and will include: a Grant Agreement Form and Statement by Supplier form or Invoice.
- Outcome report/acquittal
- At the completion of your project, you are required to submit an acquittal which is an evaluation of the project. This is due within 28 days of the project completion date. Once the outcome report has been reviewed, grants staff will send an email to confirm that your funding agreement has been finalised.
Grant form templates
Statement by Supplier Form
For Individuals without an ABN and unable to provide an invoice. Please only return page three completed.
- See under each individual grant
Council funds local non-profit community groups and initiatives through our Community Grants Program. When a group receives a grant from us, they agree to acknowledge council's contribution on materials produced to support their project. This acknowledgement, depending on the amount of funding received, may include logo presence on supporting publications, displays or signage.
Where possible the full colour logo should be used. If the collateral has a background other than white or is only produced in black and white then the mono version should be used.
Please download the Giving Support Logo Guide (PDF) for more detailed information on sizing, spacing and specific funding acknowledgements.
Download Council Logos
If you would prefer a copy of these forms sent to you via post or for further information contact council's Grants Officer on 1300 878 001 or send an email.