Prepare Your Emergency Kit
Before the cyclone season you should make every effort to prepare yourself and your family (including pets) by having your emergency kit stocked and ready to go. Your kit should include enough supplies for all members of your family to survive for at least three (3) days.
For tips on what to include in an emergency kit, refer to our Emergency Kit Checklist.
- Store your emergency kit in a convenient place known to all of the family members.
- Keep items in airtight, waterproof containers.
- Update your kit regularly, at least at the beginning of cyclone season in November.
- Be sure to check expiration dates and replace old items (especially expired food products).
- Check and replace batteries regularly.
Keep up-to-date with handy tips and alerts before, during and after disaster events.