Tobruk Memorial Baths
Townsville’s much-loved Tobruk Memorial Baths has stood proud for almost 70 years and has opened its doors to greats Dawn Fraser and Laurie Lawrence. The historic pool has now received a much-needed facelift.
Council invested $11.3 million to restore and reinvigorate the heritage features of the Pool.
A new 50m pool and kiddies pool was constructed, and the disability access in and around the pools was improved.
This project was completed and the facility reopened to the public in July 2020.
Tobruk Memorial Baths offers squads, stroke correction and private swimming lessons catering for babies through to adults. Aqua aerobics and disability swimming classes are also available.
The centre includes:
- 50m eight-lane heated pool
- 25m heated pool with shade cover
- Shallow toddlers leisure pool with shade cover
- Change rooms with toilets and showers (disability accessible)
- Tobruk Memorial Pool Hall of Fame
- Accredited changing places facility located on beach side of pool complex
Location: The Strand, Townsville
Swim School: email@example.com
Phone: (07) 4772 6550
|The new disability change rooms at Tobruk pool are free to access during open hours.|
|1 October to 30 April|
|1 May to 30 September|
|Public Holidays||8am to 4pm|
Public Admission Fees
|Pass Type||Adult|| Concession|
(Over 55 or Pension Card Holder)
(Under 2 no charge)
|Family Admission||1 adult plus 2 children||$9|
|Additional adults (per additional adult)||$4|
|Additional child (per additional child)||$2|
* Fees are reviewed annually.