Townsville residents enjoy a great lifestyle supported by our natural environment. Feral animals and pest plants are non-native species that can affect our lifestyle and cause environmental and economic harm.
The Townsville Biosecurity Plan drives local action to reduce the impacts of these pests while also taking measures to contain established pests in Townsville.
A Townsville Local Government Area Biosecurity Plan 2017-2021 (DRAFT) is available for review and feedback until 20 November 2017.
Feedback on the Draft Townsville Local Government Area Biosecurity Plan 2017-2021 can be provided to firstname.lastname@example.org
All feedback must include:
- Organisation (if applicable)
- Contact Details (email, mobile phone)
- General comments
- Specific comments (Please site page number and section)
The Townsville Local Government Area Pest Management Plan will continue to be referenced until the Biosecurity Plan is adopted. The Land Protection (Pest and Stock Route Management) Act 2002 has been replaced with the Biosecurity Act 2014.
- Download the Draft Townsville Local Government Area Biosecurity Plan 2017-2021 (PDF, 3.3 MB)
- Download the Townsville Local Government Area Pest Management Plan (PDF, 5.3 MB)
- Download the Townsville Biosecurity Plan Quick Reference Guide (PDF, 600.1 KB)