Friends of the Galleries
Townsville City Galleries presents our Friends of the Galleries membership program. Our Galleries membership program keeps our members up to date on Gallery opportunities and news, as well as offering discounts and advanced bookings on our programs.
Friends of the Galleries can engage in a range of activities that go beyond just visiting and viewing, offering opportunities to engage with local artists, art enthusiasts, volunteers and supporters of the arts in our region.
Friends of the Galleries benefits include:
- Invitations to all opening functions throughout the year
- Advance invitations to a range of Gallery events including artist talks, workshops, tours and lectures
- Monthly E-Newsletter to keep up to date on the latest Gallery news
- Membership exclusive events at the Gallery
- 30% discount on paid events
- 10% discount on all items available in our Gallery Shop
- 10% discount on Townsville City Council’s Theatre Season at the Townsville Civic Theatre.
Memberships for the year will run from 1 November 2023 – 31 October 2024, and renewals in the future will always fall on 1 November.
Our Friends of the Galleries play an important role in our Galleries with their ongoing support for our exhibitions, events, and activities, and we look forward to sharing our new and exciting programs with you!
Sign up now to become a member!
Single membership price is $45, or $30 with a Concession card.
All memberships commence 1 November and run until 31 October the following year.
Invitations to all opening functions throughout the year
Friends of the Galleries are given invitations to all opening functions and exhibition launches throughout the year!
Advance invitations to events including artist talks, workshops, tours and lectures
Friends of the Galleries are given early access to any of the regular and fast booking workshops, lectures and social events run by the Gallery, allowing you the inside scoop before the general public!
Monthly E-Newsletter to keep up to date on the latest Gallery news
Friends of the Galleries will be automatically signed up to our monthly Galleries e-newsletter where they will receive up-to-date information on Gallery news!
Membership exclusive events at the Gallery
Several exclusive members only events will be available at our Galleries for Friends of the Galleries to meet and mingle with like-minded people.
30% discount on paid events
Friends of the Galleries will receive a 30% discount on paid events and workshops at the Gallery.
10% discount on all items available in our Gallery Shop
Friends of the Galleries will receive a 10% discount on all items in the Perc Tucker Regional Gallery Vault Shop. Our Vault Shop showcases a large range of items created by local artists, perfect works for home as well as great gift ideas.
10% discount on Council’s Theatre Season at the Townsville Civic Theatre
Friends of the Galleries will receive a 10% discount on Townsville City Council’s Theatre Season at the Townsville Civic Theatre, so you have discounted access to a fantastic array of performance art!
Terms and Conditions
- Concession membership is offered to holders of Government-issues cards for pensioners and full-time students only. Seniors Business Discount Cards do not qualify for a concession. A full-time student ID card must be shown.
- Membership benefits and discounts are only available upon the presentation of a valid Friends of the Galleries member number.
- Friends of the Galleries membership numbers and benefits are not transferable.
- Friends of the Galleries membership is not refundable.
- Sharing of Friends of the Galleries membership numbers is strictly prohibited.
- All Friends of the Galleries members must have access to emails. Notification of Friends of the Galleries membership opportunities and events can only be received via email, no physical mail will be sent to members.
- Friends of the Galleries membership will receive early access to book events at least 3 hours prior to the general public being offered tickets to any paid event.
- Townsville City Galleries may terminate a Friends of the Galleries membership at its absolute discretion if a member fails to comply with these terms and conditions or misuses membership privileges.
- A Friends of the Galleries membership will be considered “lapsed” if not renewed by the due date.
- Friends of the Galleries membership fee is due annually on 1 November.
- The expiry date of an annual Friends of the Galleries membership will be 31 October, and membership cannot be suspended or extended past the expiry date stipulated.
- Townsville City Galleries, Townsville City Council reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions or Friends of the Galleries membership benefits where necessary at any time without prior notice.
Privacy Collection Notice