Haughton Pipeline Duplication
The Haughton Pipeline Duplication Project (HPDP) involves the duplication of a fully functioning and sustainable 36.5km pipeline from the Haughton Pump Station to the Ross River Dam.
A backup to the Ross River Dam, the HPDP will provide a bulk raw water supply link to the Burdekin Haughton Water Supply Scheme. The pipeline is capable of pumping raw water into the Ross River Dam to augment or “top up” water levels during periods of very low rainfall.
Construction of the HPDP is scheduled to be completed by December 2019.
In November 2017, Premise was awarded the tender for Project Management of the HPDP; and has been appointed to work with Townsville City Council and the Water Security Taskforce to manage the delivery of the HPDP.
In April 2018, Iplex was awarded the tender for the supply of 36.5km of 1.8m diameter pipe that will provide up to 234 megalitres of water per day into the Ross Dam – allowing more water to be pumped more efficiently than the existing 1.2m diameter pipeline. This appointment will create more than 50 new direct and indirect jobs in advanced manufacturing for Townsville.
Tenders opened on 2 June for the Under Bore Construction package and close on 27 June 2018. For detailed information about the packages please visit our Tenders page.
- 18.05.2018 - Pipeline construction and installation EOI's to open this weekend
- 03.05.2018 - Huge interest in council's next pipeline industry information session
- 27.04.2018 - Local firms encouraged to attend pipeline information session
- 26.04.2018 - Production to restart at local pipe manufacturing facility
- 24.04.2018 - Pipe tender for new water pipeline awarded to Iplex
- 18.04.2018 - Another key milestone for the $215 million water pipeline
- 04.04.2018 - Companies shortlisted for pipe supply tender
- 16.03.2018 - Local firms encouraged to attend pipeline information session
- 06.02.2018 - New pipeline tender
- 23.01.2018 - Council awards water pipeline contracts
- Latest Project Update (PDF)
As part of Council’s commitment to maximising opportunities for local businesses to participate in the project, between November 2017 and May 2018, three community consultation sessions were held to engage local contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers and encourage engagement with the 3-point water security solution.
Any queries relating to water access should be directed to Townsville Water directly via firstname.lastname@example.org