Cr Russ Cook
Business phone: 13 48 10
Mobile phone: 0439 866 640
- Townsville Water and Waste
- Community Safety Advisory Committee
- Street Art Activation Working Group
- Community Health and Environment
- Community and Cultural Development
- Inclusive Community Advisory Committee – member
- Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee – member
- Murray Users Sports Advisory Committee – member
We respect your privacy.
- Newsletter October 2019
- Newsletter May 2019 (PDF, 633.2 KB)
- Newsletter October 2018 (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Newsletter July 2018 (PDF, 3.4 MB)
- Newsletter November 2017 (PDF, 5.7 MB)
- Newsletter April 2017 (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Newsletter September 2016 (PDF, 714.5 KB)
Russ has strong family ties to Townsville and North Queensland, having been born here with his parents originating from Townsville and Charters Towers. The only time Russ has spent away from the city has been as a Queensland Police Officer, and as an Airframe Fitter in the RAAF. Russ is married with three children and one grandson.
For over 30 years, Russ has been actively involved with Townsville Rugby League as a player, coach, administrator, Director and Club President with the University Rugby League Club. He is now Vice President of Former University Greats (FUGS) an organisation that financially assists past and current players as well as the club itself. Russ is also a Board Member of The Cure Starts Now and is involved with Townsville Youth Council.
As well as his long standing career in the Defence Force and Queensland Police Service, Russ has also owned and operated a range of businesses including turf farms, restaurants, driving schools, cafes and franchise businesses.
Russ has a Diploma in Arts/Psychology which he completed at James Cook University in 2015 and a Diploma in Business Management which he completed at Townsville TAFE in 2010. Russ has also completed the Australian Institute of Company Directors Course and is an Affiliate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Whilst a Queensland Police Officer, Russ was a member of the Public Safety Response Team (PSRT) for 5 years and during this time completed a Diploma in Public Safety (Policing). Over the past 10 years Russ has worked extensively with children at risk in the Townsville community. Coupled with his Operational Policing experience and Public Safety (Policing) Diploma, this has given him the experience, knowledge and stakeholder contacts to continue to working in these areas.