Cr Russ Cook
Business phone: 13 48 10
Mobile phone: 0439 866 640
- Townsville Water and Waste
- Community Safety Advisory
- Planning and Development
- Community Health, Safety and Environmental Sustainability
- Business Services and Finance
- Cairns, Townsville and Mackay Water Alliance Executive
- Local Authority Waste Management Advisory Committee
- LGAQ Water and Sewerage Advisory Board
- Safe Night Precinct
- Townsville Liquor Accord
- NQROC Resource Recovery Working Group
Divisional Newsletter - Division 5
We respect your privacy.
- Newsletter - February 2023
- Newsletter - December 2020
- Newsletter - January 2020
- Newsletter - October 2019
- Newsletter - May 2019 (PDF, 633.2 KB)
- Newsletter - October 2018 (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Newsletter - July 2018 (PDF, 3.4 MB)
- Newsletter - November 2017 (PDF, 5.7 MB)
- Newsletter - April 2017 (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Newsletter - September 2016 (PDF, 714.5 KB)
Council divisions were reviewed by the Local Government Change Commission in 2019, with the boundary changes commencing at the March 2020 elections.
- Electoral Commission Queensland ECQ - Final Electoral Boundaries - Townsville City (effective from March 2020)
Russ Cook has strong family ties to Townsville and North Queensland, having been born in Townsville, with his parents originating from Townsville and Charters Towers. The only time Russ has spent away from the city has been as a Queensland Police Officer, and Australian Defence Force member in the RAAF. Russ is married with four children and four grandchildren.
For over 30 years, Russ has been actively involved with Townsville Rugby League as a player, coach, administrator, Director and Club President with the University Rugby League Club and Townsville District Rugby League. He is now Vice President of Former University Greats (FUGS), an organisation that financially assists past and current players as well as the club itself.
Russ has also enjoyed playing Soccer, Touch Football and Cricket. Russ has also taken part in Townsville’s Fight For Your Cause Charity Boxing event, raising much needed funds for charities in Townsville. Russ is also a Board Member of The Cure Starts Now as well as volunteering as a Legatee with Legacy Townsville.
As well as his long-standing career in the Defence Force and Queensland Police Service, Russ has also owned and operated a range of businesses including turf farms, restaurants, driving schools, cafes and franchise businesses.
Russ has a Diploma in Arts/Psychology which he completed at James Cook University in 2015 and a Diploma in Business Management which he completed at Townsville TAFE in 2010. Russ has also completed the Australian Institute of Company Directors Course and is a Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Whilst a Queensland Police Officer, Russ was a member of the Public Safety Response Team (PSRT) for 5 years and during this time completed a Diploma in Public Safety (Policing). Over the past 14 years Russ has worked extensively with children at risk in the Townsville community. Coupled with his Operational Policing experience and Public Safety (Policing) Diploma, this has given him the experience, knowledge and stakeholder contacts to continue working in these areas.